This is a follow-up to the "MY TimeLapse dolly"
Ladies and gent’s, finally: almost two years after the project started, first fully functional time-lapse rig is 100% operational.
- It can be positioned virtually in any position; vertical, horizontal, up-side-down…
- Portable power supply
- Integrated P&S (CHDK enabled) power adapter
- Easily expandable to a longer track (just replace the rail and the threaded rod)
- Single tool setup (one hex key)
- Can be used with ANY Point and Shoot camera that has CHDK inside. (AFAIK, this is a cool feature J )
Project was done with (a) KISS in (my) mind.
It’s not a professional rig, it’s a functional one.
For more details, check the images below, check the net...why not: post a question.
Greets to Airic for it's ...infectious project :-)
I mean the smart part, the Arduino timer.
Very clear code, simplified design, affordable shield.
Shop and forum below.
- further improve the "stiffness" of the dolly for the transverse direction
- replacing the standard threaded rod with a professional CNC like threaded rod would also add stability.